Skip to main content

Meal plan this week ๐Ÿ˜€

I tend to try and plan meals in advance. I do this to save money and be organised as much as possible.   I'm gonna try and remember to post our meal plans every week and will encourage others to join in if you meal plan, I'm always looking for inspiration. As Leigha is such a fussy eater, we tend to keep as much of the meal the same between us and the kids. Sometimes matts shifts will mean we eat separate to the kids but this isn't too often.

I do my best to create fresh foods from scratch wherever possible. 9 times out of 10 if you come to my house I'm either cooking, prepping or cleaning up from cooking. Although these days chances are the dishes are sat waiting for me to do. I do homemade chicken nuggets, breaded fish, chips, curries, pies, burgers and things like cottage pie etc.

This is this weeks meal plan:

Saturday: Adults - garlic chicken, rice and salad - kids - plain chicken and rice and mixed veg.

Sunday: Roast dinner (undecided on meat)

Monday: Sausage and mash with sweet corn and onion gravy

Tuesday: Homemade burgers and homemade wedges and salad

Wednesday: Jerk chicken and pork with rice and salad - kids - fish fingers, chips and beans

Thursday: Chinese chicken curry and rice - kids - chicken nuggets, jacket potato and cheese with veg sticks

Friday: Sweet chilli chicken, egg fried rice and stir fried veggies - kids - homemade pizzas


These meals may swap about a bit over the week. Generally very normal meals in this house. Does anyone else have a meal plan they wanna share??๐Ÿ˜€


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where we begin!

How do I even begin!?  I am Sam. A busy Mum of two girls. We have Leigha who is 6yrs old and Mollie who is currently 10mths old. Myself and my fiancรฉ of nearly 6yrs lead a busy life. Matt (my fiancรฉ) works as a kitchen manager and works a lot of hours, leaving me to do most of the children's care by myself. When he's home he's fabulous but generally speaking I've created a routine to suit me and he just blends in and helps when he's here.  A bit of backstory. My girls have different dads. My ex of 5yrs ended our relationship only to find out 6wks later that I'm expecting. Talk about timing. He's still in her life but fast forward til Leigha being 7mths (Feb 2011) old I met the most amazing man who I'm now proud to call my fiancรฉ. We got together (4th march 2011)  and him being the young age of 19 (me being 21), decided to take me and Leigha on as a pre-started family, falling in love with us both. Him and Leigha have been close ever since. So mu...

I'm back ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi again everyone! So... I haven't posted anything for a while. Reason is I've gone back to work! Exciting and scary times. I've been fortunate enough to get a job with my fiancรฉ. He is the kitchen manager and I'm a waitress/bar staff. While we don't work in the same room for most of the time, it works for us. I adore everyone I work with, along with Matt and myself, my brother and his girlfriend and Matts brother also worth with us. Turning it into a family business slowly! Haha! We work at a carvery based restaurant. It's a lovely family restaurant and it's very popular. I work part-time, a couple of days during the week and usually on a Sunday. I'm lucky enough that my mum has the kids for me. Usually just mollie but both girls on a Sunday and during school holidays. I've been working around a month now and I'm really enjoying it. I will not lie, I'm tired. Mentally and physically. It's very hard being away from Mollie. She's on...

Half term holidays so far...

This week is half term and we have our nephews staying with us for the week. So far we have done: Tuesday:  A 6mile walk and had lunch en route. On the walk we played football in a pitch we found in stony Stratford near the rocket park, we played tag and enjoyed ourselves. When we got home we relaxed and watched movies and had dinner. Wednesday: The boys dad (Matts brother) took the two boys and Leigha to the cinema to watch the lego batman movie and they had a great time. Matt was at work and so me and Mollie had some time at home to play and have sleepy cuddles (Our fave!!). We met Matt for his lunch break at work and we had a bite to eat too. Mollie had mashed potato and veggies. Loved it!! Later that afternoon/ evening we watched zootropolis and finding Dory. Both brilliant films!! Kids then had dinner and had baths and was put to bed. Today: my mother in law (also all the kids Nan) is visiting today. Matt isn't happy to be working but he finishes at 5pm and so he gets a ...