Hi again everyone!
So... I haven't posted anything for a while. Reason is I've gone back to work! Exciting and scary times. I've been fortunate enough to get a job with my fiancé. He is the kitchen manager and I'm a waitress/bar staff. While we don't work in the same room for most of the time, it works for us. I adore everyone I work with, along with Matt and myself, my brother and his girlfriend and Matts brother also worth with us. Turning it into a family business slowly! Haha! We work at a carvery based restaurant. It's a lovely family restaurant and it's very popular.
I work part-time, a couple of days during the week and usually on a Sunday. I'm lucky enough that my mum has the kids for me. Usually just mollie but both girls on a Sunday and during school holidays. I've been working around a month now and I'm really enjoying it. I will not lie, I'm tired. Mentally and physically. It's very hard being away from Mollie. She's only 13mths old and I didn't go back to work after having Leigha til she was 4yrs old. I feel a little guilty for not staying home with her longer. But our financial circumstances are different now and ideally I need to be earning this year. Anyone with fluctuations in child and working tax credits should understand.
I'm interested in knowing how other mums felt about going back to work. How old your babies where? How many hours you do and your reasons for returning. It's a new way of life for me and I'm enjoying it so far. The girls are worth it 😀
So... I haven't posted anything for a while. Reason is I've gone back to work! Exciting and scary times. I've been fortunate enough to get a job with my fiancé. He is the kitchen manager and I'm a waitress/bar staff. While we don't work in the same room for most of the time, it works for us. I adore everyone I work with, along with Matt and myself, my brother and his girlfriend and Matts brother also worth with us. Turning it into a family business slowly! Haha! We work at a carvery based restaurant. It's a lovely family restaurant and it's very popular.
I work part-time, a couple of days during the week and usually on a Sunday. I'm lucky enough that my mum has the kids for me. Usually just mollie but both girls on a Sunday and during school holidays. I've been working around a month now and I'm really enjoying it. I will not lie, I'm tired. Mentally and physically. It's very hard being away from Mollie. She's only 13mths old and I didn't go back to work after having Leigha til she was 4yrs old. I feel a little guilty for not staying home with her longer. But our financial circumstances are different now and ideally I need to be earning this year. Anyone with fluctuations in child and working tax credits should understand.
I'm interested in knowing how other mums felt about going back to work. How old your babies where? How many hours you do and your reasons for returning. It's a new way of life for me and I'm enjoying it so far. The girls are worth it 😀
Comments
Post a Comment