As our eldest is in school everyday I can't really count her in this post too much. She's rather good at keeping her little sister amused when she's home. Until after a while she gets fed up with making the blocks fall down, pushing mollie round the room on her ladybird or playing row-row-row-your-boat and throws a strop and slums on the sofa in protest. "I'm done mum, it's your turn"! Excuse me?!
When it's just me and little moo at home, it can be a job. A job and a half. She cries when I leave the room . Leaving her behind the stair gate looking like an abandoned puppy. Mummy needs a poo please bugger off!😫 She's getting better. Her "separation anxiety" is slowly improving. I get tears for a minute or so and then she gets distracted by something and forgets that infact it's not the end of the world. She remembers her unicorn and persues an attack on it. So, mummy can now quickly use the loo, eat something usually incredibly calorific, clean something or even put some clean clothes away. (Clean clothes😂😂)!!
I try and get the basics done everyday. Dishes, vacuuming, a load or two of washing, cleaning the kitchen, the kitchen floor and making beds and if I'm lucky throwing some bleach round the bathrooms. You know if it's been a good day if I'm on the afternoon school run rocking a bit of sweat. This week, has been rather productive. I've created a list of things to do on top of my usual housework in hope to get i top of everything. Managed to get the stairs and hallway vacuumed. I'm so proud.
Let's be honest, how much of your house you succeed in getting done is no competition. The kids come first. If they're clean, fed, watered and happy and their social needs have been met, and you've managed to get your whole house done, I salute you. Doesn't always happen here. Some days I'd rather just sit on the floor and play blocks with Mollie and then run around like a crazy person when she sleeps.
I'd love you hear your daily struggles and wins. Ideas are always useful for the rest of us mums. Share the love!!
Comments
Post a Comment