My daughter Leigha had Gastroenteritis at aged 18mths. After she got over it she would barely eat any of the things she would eat before and I think she developed food anxiety. She's now 6yrs old and she's honestly a pain in the butt with food! To start with she will NOT eat fruit or veggies. She will eat most fresh meat, rice, pasta, most types of potato. No beans or spaghetti or anything of the sort.
This obviously makes meal times stressful. Her fave meal is fajitas. Of which she will choose chicken with the seasoning on it, cheese and mayonnaise in her wrap. She will eat chicken all day every day if I let her. Generally she's very good with how I serve it. She likes tandoori curry powder on it, BBQ sauce, she will tolerate a bit of gravy.
She's becoming fussy with "crispy bits" on things. Gimme a break!!
I've tried bribing her, paying her, star charts, all kinds of discliple methods and even giving her the choice. I don't know what else to do. It's only last year she found out she likes rice. Give me strength.
We eat well at home. I do most things from scratch. Chicken nuggets, breaded fish, chips, pasta sauce, homemade curries etc. So what she does it, in do my best to make it the best quality. Now that our other daughter is 10mths old and is being very good with her eating. It's causing a few issues at meal times. This Mum gets pretty stressed!! Any tips will of course be welcomed 😀
Comments
Post a Comment