Sat here making plans for the week ahead that Leigha is home. Our nephews are staying with us for the week and so we are gonna have a house full. I try to do an equal amount of days at home and days out.
Our home plans are:
❤️ Pizza making
❤️ Cakes and biscuits making and decorating
❤️ Craft sessions
❤️ Movies and treats
❤️ Play doh
❤️ Treasure hunt in the garden
Our outside plans are:
❤️ Visiting our local soft play area
❤️ Parks
❤️ Nature walk
Coping!!!
School holidays can be stressful, Leigha gets bored and can honestly be a bit of a pain if her mind isn't stimulated. So I try and keep her as busy as possible and plan the next day on the previous evening. Without this organisation and structure I'd probably spend the whole holidays screaming at her. I swore when I was pregnant I'd never shout at my kids, I'd never say "shut up" and I'd never have such little tolerance for her chatting waffle. I think this is what we all do. The walk home from school is literally Leigha rabbitting on about all her social dramas from school. Oh the complicated social life of a 6yr old!! We have a 40min walk home and about half way home I'm like "Leigha, mummy's had enough now, I don't think you've even come up for air since you started talking when we left the playground". The child could talk the back legs off a donkey. It's a skill she gets from me, my mother warned me it would happen.
The phrase "Shut up" leaves my mouth at least once a day. Telling her to be quiet nicely simply gets ignored or she literally doesn't stop talking. My brain is mush from continual 6yr old dramas. Accept the world of facebook, the occasional play date and Matt's evenings or mornings off I, don't get much adult conversation. Sometimes I crave it, sometimes I'm just happy to be spending time with the kids and I should remember I'm so lucky to have kids, this moment lasts about 5mins til I'm back to "pass the coffee, surely it's nearly nap time? Only 3hrs til bed" kind of attitude. I know I'm not the only one. To all you fellow mums praying for bed time, but still of course love your babies unconditionally, I salute you 💪🏼 We do good 😍
Our home plans are:
❤️ Pizza making
❤️ Cakes and biscuits making and decorating
❤️ Craft sessions
❤️ Movies and treats
❤️ Play doh
❤️ Treasure hunt in the garden
Our outside plans are:
❤️ Visiting our local soft play area
❤️ Parks
❤️ Nature walk
Coping!!!
School holidays can be stressful, Leigha gets bored and can honestly be a bit of a pain if her mind isn't stimulated. So I try and keep her as busy as possible and plan the next day on the previous evening. Without this organisation and structure I'd probably spend the whole holidays screaming at her. I swore when I was pregnant I'd never shout at my kids, I'd never say "shut up" and I'd never have such little tolerance for her chatting waffle. I think this is what we all do. The walk home from school is literally Leigha rabbitting on about all her social dramas from school. Oh the complicated social life of a 6yr old!! We have a 40min walk home and about half way home I'm like "Leigha, mummy's had enough now, I don't think you've even come up for air since you started talking when we left the playground". The child could talk the back legs off a donkey. It's a skill she gets from me, my mother warned me it would happen.
The phrase "Shut up" leaves my mouth at least once a day. Telling her to be quiet nicely simply gets ignored or she literally doesn't stop talking. My brain is mush from continual 6yr old dramas. Accept the world of facebook, the occasional play date and Matt's evenings or mornings off I, don't get much adult conversation. Sometimes I crave it, sometimes I'm just happy to be spending time with the kids and I should remember I'm so lucky to have kids, this moment lasts about 5mins til I'm back to "pass the coffee, surely it's nearly nap time? Only 3hrs til bed" kind of attitude. I know I'm not the only one. To all you fellow mums praying for bed time, but still of course love your babies unconditionally, I salute you 💪🏼 We do good 😍
Comments
Post a Comment