When the kids are tucked up in bed, it's sometimes a case that I'm home alone for a few hours until matt gets home from work if he's on a close shift. If he is, and once the house is sorted, I'll spend some time writing meal plans, looking for recipes online, watching cookery programmes, Jamie Oliver in particular, watching Once upon a time on Netflix or maybe even a documentary. I've never been one for soaps or even movies unless it's a firm favourite. The Da Vinci code is my absolute fave!!
When it's me and Matt at home for the evening, we watch walking dead, Game of thrones and I have to endure his programmes of which consist NCIS, criminal minds etc. A lot of our interests are opposite, he likes anything with violence. Me, not so much. We sometimes watch a movie and get a takeaway. Not so much these days as Ive started slimming world.
On the very rare occasion we get a baby sitter, we sometimes will go for a meal. Some of our fave places include Red Hot world buffet, Zen gardens, harvester, Nando's and TGI Fridays. We don't get a lot of time to ourselves but when we do, we spend most of the time talking about the kids!
Seeing friends isn't something I do as much as I'd like. Unfortunately I rely a lot on social media. Sad isn't it. I send most of my time sorting the house, making sure the kids are well fed and clean and they have good play time etc. I don't have a huge amount of friends but those I have, I cherish. Some I don't see as much as others but we tend to just pick up where we let off. No hard feelings. Some I speak to more regularly due to school runs, slimming world and gym etc. All of my friends have kids of various ages, varying in amounts of kids, religion, background and lifestyle. We're all busy with similar lives, being mums, running houses and some of us work.
Life as a mum can be the most rewarding but also the loneliest job in the world. Remember you're not alone. We all feel the same from time to time.
Comments
Post a Comment