Juggling work life, home life, school work, social, reading, spellings, housework and piles and piles of washing is hard work. Most days I'm literally a tired, hungry and sweaty mess. The girls are in a strict routine which they are very used to and mine and Matts shifts are rarely the same from one week to the next.
I have crap piles decoratively dotted all round the house. Some call it clutter, some call it mess. I call it organised chaos. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Today I wasn't working, so morning school run turned into an impromptu costa date with friends and then met matt for his break at work. This quickly led to half of my day at home "cleaning and sorting" infact "eating and drinking and quickly spending money into an early grave". Mollie ate her body weight in fruit and full English by lunchtime. Little piggy. Result of having no lunch dishes. Managed to make all the beds, vacuum upstairs and move the same pile of clean washing into another different place in our bedroom for the third day running. I'll do it one day. The cleaning of the bathroom today consisted of mopping the bath mess up with a towel and rubbing down the sink. That counts right?
I don't even bother trying to tidy the livingroom til mollies in bed. Ever tried shovelling a snowy path in a snow storm? You get the point. The kitchen was clean until 10pm came and in my ultimate wisdom I think to myself... hmmmm.... I need cake. Off i Trot into the kitchen and I make from scratch, a big old chocolate cake and some custard. Shortly after it was done I inserted a big slice to my face and now I'm ready for bed. My clean kitchen totally undone and probably an extra lb on my thighs.
Today I didn't do everything I wanted to do in the house. Life and cake got in the way. Better luck tomorrow after work?
Anyone else have these days.... please??!
I have crap piles decoratively dotted all round the house. Some call it clutter, some call it mess. I call it organised chaos. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Today I wasn't working, so morning school run turned into an impromptu costa date with friends and then met matt for his break at work. This quickly led to half of my day at home "cleaning and sorting" infact "eating and drinking and quickly spending money into an early grave". Mollie ate her body weight in fruit and full English by lunchtime. Little piggy. Result of having no lunch dishes. Managed to make all the beds, vacuum upstairs and move the same pile of clean washing into another different place in our bedroom for the third day running. I'll do it one day. The cleaning of the bathroom today consisted of mopping the bath mess up with a towel and rubbing down the sink. That counts right?
I don't even bother trying to tidy the livingroom til mollies in bed. Ever tried shovelling a snowy path in a snow storm? You get the point. The kitchen was clean until 10pm came and in my ultimate wisdom I think to myself... hmmmm.... I need cake. Off i Trot into the kitchen and I make from scratch, a big old chocolate cake and some custard. Shortly after it was done I inserted a big slice to my face and now I'm ready for bed. My clean kitchen totally undone and probably an extra lb on my thighs.
Today I didn't do everything I wanted to do in the house. Life and cake got in the way. Better luck tomorrow after work?
Anyone else have these days.... please??!
Comments
Post a Comment